I really like colourful glas. So what can I do with all my collected glas jars to fit them nicely in my kitchen and for my tinker table? There are many ideas to colour lgas jars from the inside, but I want to store food in, therefore I want to paint it from the outside. First I tried to marble glasses with nail coat.
Terrible result, something get wrong.
So here is what i did:
1. glas cleaning: with dish soap and soda, and a scraper for cooking plates (saves my finger nails) to remove the labels. Special clue: some labels are really hard to remove: try it with oil and a hairdryer! Some adhesives are liposoluble.
4. let it dry!
6. I´ve painted the lids with COPPER and with silver.
7. You can decorate the jars and the lids with nail coat dots, labels or nice masikng tapes – what you like and have around!
7. fill in rice, quinoa, lights, cockies, nuts ….
9. I also tried to colour jars with the same colour as my kitchen walls, very nice, but not water resistant.
This blog is linked to: